Field Service Supervisor
International equipment manufacturing subsidiary (for industrial minerals processing and cement grinding applications) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the cement industry. The candidate will supervise on-site equipment installation progress, provide instruction and technical support to customers, identify the best course to meet customer needs and record any non-conformity issues.
This Role will require you to:
- Supervise on-site equipment installation in a safe and timely manner.
- Interact with customers, subcontractors and partners while professionally representing the company.
- Identify potential technical issues, troubleshoot and provide the best advise/coaching to customers to ensure product safety guidelines are met.
- Identify opportunities for technical support, spare parts and training needs.
- Complete field service scheduling requirements.
- Assist customers with procedures, equipment check lists and manuals follow up.
- Multi-task in a small team environment, while being detail-oriented.
- College/University degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of experience, highly desirable in the cement industry.
- Field Service supervisory skills as communication, leadership, decision making, innovative problem solving and construction and project management.
- A passion for construction.
- Hands on experience with blueprints, equipment installation, tolerances, filing tracking documentation and summary reports.
- Ability to answer technical questions and perform high levels of customer service while ensuring full satisfaction when equipment is delivered.
- Must be a creative thinker, motivated, with the ability to resolve problems quickly with a positive attitude.
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written. Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Safety Certifications (OSHA/Confined Spaces) is a plus.
Additional Mandatory Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the US.
- Availability to travel domestic and internationally for extended periods at a time. Up to 75% travel in a year.
Salary Based on Experience