GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To examine defective or problematic units which have shipped to customers, in order to carry out specific repairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Examines units to determine specific problems or defects.
- Investigates related corrective action request’s (CAR’s) to ensure future prevention. May also initiate CAR’s as needed.
- May direct the work of one or two technicians as assigned.
- Will be assigned to repair units outside of the plant and at customer locations.
- Will measure, cut, fit, adjust, drill, rivet, bolt and route completed assemblies to next phase of manufacture.
- Will use templates, jigs, fixtures and measurements to position parts and install modifications (frames, tables, doors, frames, supports, posts, brackets, etc.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis and on short notice required.
Other Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis and on short notice required.
Must be capable of performing all operations and repair of same on the assigned line.
Must be respirator approved.
Must have skill in paint prep and painting.
Ability to use and understand SRP’s.
Ability to read complicated blueprints.
Ability to use rivet guns, electric drills, sanders and grinders.
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Additional technical training desired
3-5 years on-the-job experience in mechanical assembly
Basic computer skills required
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Shop Floor environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to tolerate constant noise (i.e.: machine motors)
Ability to work safely in the presence of hazardous chemicals and hazardous conditions
Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required