Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies is seeking a Field Service Technician to join the team in Houston. Our Technicians are responsible for providing highly skilled labor both in the shop yard and at customer sites, while operating different types of Water Remediation and Degassing Equipment.
- With respect to the systems described below, consistently displays ability to set up system properly, able to follow start-up checklists; understands hazards and maintenance requirements, PLC and set points (where applicable); understands required documentation and works toward consistent and accurate completion of same in a timely manner:
- Thermal Oxidizer
- Gas CAT-OX
- Electric CAT-OX
- SVE (sil vapor extraction)
- DPE (dual phase extractin)
- Air Sparge
- Ozne Injection System
- SRS (sil removal system & H-SRS)
- Hurricane VAC System
- Vapr Treatment System
- Water Treatment System
- Creatively and deliberately assess processes and safety procedures in the field and communicate to Project Leads and/or Project Managers for brainstorming and discussion as it pertains not only to improvements, but creative and potential benchmarking ideas to lead industry
- Consciously and deliberately works to ensure high customer satisfaction utilizing “WOW” factors to strategically differentiate the company on multiple levels of that service including: overall satisfaction and general experience, delivery above and beyond baseline expectations, going the extra mile to ensure customer is not just happy, but is beyond happy and satisfied, etc.
- Established relationships with company staff, co-workers, outside vendors, and external clients and/or other relevant contacts; builds on foundation and is seen as catalyst for interpersonal relationships with same *
- Shows professionalism in all communications, both written and verbal, with co-workers, staff as well as clients and other vendors (e.g. able to answer phone, provide solutions/answers to majority of inquiries independently and is able to direct as appropriate to other resources.)
- Knows and understands available resources; recognizes limitations
- Troubleshoot, identify potential issues and resolution; engages others as necessary for follow through
- Responsible for actively monitoring and keeping up to date all licenses, medical certification cards, and other DOT and NON-DOT required training; TWIC cards, Hazwoper 40 hour training, Hazwoper 8 hour refresher training, OSHA 10, Basic Plus, First Aid/CPR, Smith’s driving and other required basic and/or site-specific training; works with HR to assist in same.
- Attends and participates in safety meeting; ability to facilitate safety training session related to specific topic
- Overtime will be required
This job works outside in all-weather elements. Frequently will work at safety sensitive job sites, with multiple potential hazards, including working around heavy equipment and elevated noise levels.
- Raising or lowering object that may include upward pulling up to 75 pounds (team lifting required for anything over 75 pounds)
- May require being in a stationary position for extended periods of time, including driving
- Moderate computer and other office machine use; must be able to operate, activate and position hands/fingers accordingly
- Excellent visionary capacity for detecting, determining, perceiving, recognizing, judging, assessing safety hazards and proper loading of equipment
- Occasionally ascend/descend ladders to enter trailers and other equipment
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions and various hazardous materials
This position requires frequent travel to support business needs, including overnight and air travel.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma Required
- Previous experience with Pumps and Hoses preferred
- Must have clean driving record, and eligible to drive company vehicles by insurance company
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.