Field Service Technician I in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you excited to drive success with welding, advanced fabrication, and manufacturing companies?
Cryogenic Technician will assist in theinstallation and repair of high pressure cylinder piping systems, cryogenicbulk tanks, micro-bulk tanks, cryogenic dewer cylinders, vaporizers andmanifold equipment at Airgas facilities and customer sites to ensure the safe,effective and efficient delivery of our products to the customers’ point ofuse. Technician will be responsible forperforming regularly scheduled preventative maintenance checks on cryogenicpressure vessels, production/plant equipment and maintain inventory of partsand supplies. Install and troubleshoot Telemetry. Obtain brazing certification.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply withall Company and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Assist incryogenic and high pressure piping systems installations, inspections, andrepairs of such equipment as per NFPA standards and manufacturers recommendedprocedures to ensure operational safety and efficiency.
- Assist inthe service, inspection, use, and maintain compressors, pumps and other shoptools/equipment in clean good working condition and accordance withmanufacturers recommended procedures.
- Identify andcommunicate service problems to manager for timely repair response.
- Maintaininventory of parts and required to perform service, inspection and maintain ofall equipment associated with the basic function of this position.
- Submitcompleted service orders, estimates and invoices to manager in timely manner tofacilitate customer billing.
- Maintainexcellent customer service.
- Demonstrateproficient skills; upgrades knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
- Flexiblework schedule.
- Must attendcompany safety meetings.
- General office/facilityhousekeeping.
- Required toparticipate in the on-call program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned that fall within scope of job. This job description should not be construedto imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of thisposition. Incumbents are expected tofollow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties,as may be required by their foreman or manager.Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with establishedAirgas policies is a condition of employment.
- Must be involved with the management of your qualifications to performtasks. Level placement will bedetermined in accordance with geographical requirement, training, evaluation,and qualification in addition to peer review and management approval.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
College or technical degree preferred.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Desired minimum of 1 - 2 years of diagnostic and/or repair experience in some or all of the following is required: cryogenics, high pressure piping, brazing, programmable controls, pumping systems, mechanical aptitude and/or process instrumentation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Experience in the HVAC or plumbing industry with hands on welding/brazing skills.
- Able to understand piping and tank detail from manuals and mechanical drawings and/or P&ID’s.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, NEC and other professional/regulatory bodies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV report, may require DOT physical.
- Must have strong math skills; ability to calculate figures and units of measure.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Skills to prioritize integrated service activities to maximize time spent working on equipment at internal or external customer locations.
- Takes initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot with results.
- Ability to work safely under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing and background screen applies.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Secures thenecessary documentation and approvals of work performed.
- The USEScategory for this position is Medium. While performing the duties of this jobthe associate is regularly required to stand (up to 2 hours), kneel, squat,bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, as well as talk and hear.
- Theassociate will be required to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift51-80 lbs with material handling equipment for more than 10 feet.
- Associate is required by this position to usehands to fingers to feel objects, work tools or controls.
- Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,and color vision.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this position, theassociate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to movingmechanical parts.
- The associate will spend the majority of the timein the customer facility and on route to the customer facility.
- The noise level in the work environment ismoderate.
- Job requires visitation of to various Airgas and customersites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE:The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.