Who are we looking for as a Field Service Technician?
Patterson Veterinary is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of veterinary medical device equipment repair, maintenance and installation.
Field Service Technician Overview:
As a Service Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of veterinary equipment and products. The Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of veterinary medical devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center.
- Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- Relays any special problems to Service Coordinator following each call.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment sold.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Completes all required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, purchase card, and equipment related items).
- Returns defective modules, assemblies or parts to the local office and labels items.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Follows specific manufacturer, Federal/State, BHR guidelines for repairs.
- Complies with all company, OSHA, or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Assists management in analyzing pricing strategies and other Service Department procedures.
- Serves as a technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff.
- Performs other Field Service Technician duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Previous X-Ray experience preferred.
- Technical training in electronics or related technical field is preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Veterinary Technician will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a field service technician in the veterinary/human medical field is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift and load equipment into vehicle and unload at repair or installation site.
- Must be able to lift 100lbs.
- Electrical, schematic reading, plumbing, mechanical or carpentry skills are helpful.
- Travel is required.
If the Field Service Technician opportunity sounds like the career you are looking for, we encourage you to submit your application today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.