Field Service Technician/ Mechanic - Rail Car Mover Division
Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc.
Maple Shade, NJ
Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc., a leader in forklift sales and service for over 40 years, was built on the motto "We're Known for Good Service." We provide excellent sales and service in all areas of the Material Handling Industry including Lift Trucks, Compactors and Balers, Commercial Dock and Doors, Allied Solutions, and Rail Car Movers. Currently, we are seeking an experienced Field Service Technician/ Mechanic for our Rail Car Mover division, based out of our Maple Shade, NJ location.
Our technicians work Monday through Friday and are home for dinner. They get paid for the actual time they spend working, not the time from a labor guide. All services are performed in the field at our client’s location. Technicians are provided a company service van/truck and are dispatched from their home.
Main Duties - Field Service Technician/ Mechanic (Rail Car Mover Division):
- Accurately troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all problems with customer's equipment. This may include complex and/or major mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs.
- Perform planned maintenance and routine mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA standards
Requirements - Field Service Technician/ Mechanic (Rail Car Mover Division):
- 5+ years experience repairing rail car movers, forklifts and/or heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Welding / fabricating experience
- Technical certifications in rail car movers, heavy equipment, forklift, diesel engine repair, or automotive.
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
- Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools.
- Experience as a road mechanic a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Stable work history
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to provide references of prior employers
Eastern Lift Truck offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including:
- Company service vehicle and fuel card
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
About Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc.
Eastern Lift Truck Co., Inc. is based in Maple Shade, NJ. Founded in 1971, the company is currently comprised of nearly 850 dedicated employees who provide world-class material handling and storage products (such as Hyster® and Yale® forklifts) and services to customers throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Eastern Lift Truck began as a forklift dealer but since then has expanded and grown within the industry. Today, the Company also offers products and services for dock and door equipment, balers, compactors, hydraulics, OSHA-compliant training, fleet management, floor cleaning equipment, hydrogen fuel-cells, lithium-ion batteries, warehouse consultation and design, racking, shelving, conveyor, mezzanines, modular buildings, safety and guarding products, rail car movers, terminal tractors and port and intermodal support services.
To learn more about our growing company, please visit our website at: www.easternlifttruck.com.
***Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer***