About Us:BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide, BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our products and service network provide differentiated technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage, wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers, automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers and pasteurizers.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Field Service Technician
Our team of Field Service Technicians are responsible for new equipment Installations and general support, and performing engineering audits. This position generally works onsite in customers’ facilities worldwide.
We are looking for Field Service Technicians who can work independently to ensure high quality customer service. If you have a passion for assisting customers and finding innovative technical solutions, read further.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites to customer’s satisfaction.
- Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment.
- Instruct personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency of customer productivity.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- A two-year post high school diploma/certificate in electro-mechanical technology and a minimum of 3 years related experience, OR a high school diploma and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and controls systems along with a general understanding of material handling practices.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Kuka
- Experience in PLC Programming (Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7 PLC’s)
- Have an advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming
- Advanced understanding of pneumatic and electrical Schematics and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot wiring and complete I/O checks
- Robotics experience a plus
- Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available for 50 - 80% travel.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
We are an e-verify employer
This position requires up to 80% travel. Successful candidate must be able to travel (including internationally) without restriction.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BWIS US - Reedley