At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!
Thousands of car owners entrust Getaround to safely rent out their cars to friends, colleagues, neighbors, and even strangers. As a Getaround Field Specialist, you will help us jockey cars around the city to/from vendors and home locations to ensure cars are in great shape to be shared. You’ll also play a role in keeping cars active on the platform by jumping dead batteries, changing tires, taking awesome photos, cleaning cars, etc. This is a great job if you want to make a big impact at a startup but you can’t imagine yourself sitting behind a desk all day.
As part of a small team in your local market, you'll need to enjoy being outdoors and driving all different types of cars. You may pick up a Honda Accord in the morning, a Tesla Model X in the afternoon and an Audi in the evening. We need you to go the extra mile everyday, to work quickly, efficiently and safely while driving our owners’ cars, to have a passionate approach to getting the details right, and to be a fantastic communicator. And, of course, you need to be passionate about Getaround's mission to promote car-sharing everywhere.
What you'll be doing
- Walking or commuting to pick-up cars all over the city
- Driving cars of all makes and models to/from vendors and home locations
- Keeping cars active on the platform by jumping dead batteries, changing tires, taking listing photos, cleaning cars, etc
- Valeting and processing about 5 to 10 cars per day
What you'll need
- Must have a valid driver's license
- 2 years of driving experience with a clean driving record
- A smartphone with a built-in camera or an equivalent digital camera
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic and punctuality
- Strong presence with excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Enjoy driving and being outdoors throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs (with or without accommodations)
- An ability to drive manual and performance cars
- Real-world experience in a fast-moving startup
- Past experience as a valet, driver, or courier
- Experience or interest in photography (owning a DSLR camera is a bonus)
- Passionate about Operations and Logistics
- Excited to grow in a fast-paced startup