WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking an Field Supervisor to join our growing team!
To be able to work and be on-call as scheduled for emergency response, land service and maritime contracts or projects. Adhere to and optimize strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise project-assigned labor forces including the following job classification: foremen, equipment operators, hazardous waste technicians, and emergency response crews etc. to maintain competent completion of their duties.
- Understand and enforce project s detailed scope-of-work to optimize strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Under general direction from Branch Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and/or GM/Ops Manager, forecast and organize the cost-effective utilization of project personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors to minimize unneeded project cost resulting in higher profit.
- Oversee and assist in the safe operation and standards during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field. Adhere to all company safety procedures and paperwork submittal requirements.
- Work to establish that all company procedures are followed in the care and management of company equipment and personnel.
- Interface in a professional manner with office management, client, and regulatory agency personnel on project-related issues to optimize compliance with applicable procedures and regulations. Office management include: Admin staff, GM/Ops manager, project superintendents, human resources, accounting, procurement, health and safety personnel.
- Manage and care for all company equipment to assure that it is returned in the condition it was mobilized in.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled remediation and marine projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project. May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc. May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must perform in a teamwork atmosphere, persuading and leading subordinates to also perform as a team. Must perform work and may sometimes live in remote locations with crew for extended periods of time. Strong grasp of effective communication and problem solving skills to maintain a cohesive, productive work group.
- Must communicate frequently with Branch Manager/Project Manager/GM/Ops Manager on status of project schedule, procurement needs (personnel, equipment, supplies), and potential problems that would inhibit completion of project on schedule and under budget.
- Monitor crew for safety compliance according to the Health and Safety Plan to conform to eliminate accidents and/prevent injuries.
- Limited entry into work zones may be required to accomplish tasks.
- Will be required to participate in an on-call (ER) rotation and often be called out on after hours spill events (nights/weekends) and/or other projects.
- 25 - 50% travel required.
- Being on-call and having flexibility with time/resources required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of seven years experience in a hazardous waste environment, or related field.
- 3 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Must have a valid driver s license and ability to obtain hazardous endorsement.
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Worker Training, OSHA 8-Hour Refresher Training and OSHA 8-Hour Supervisory Training required.
- Experience supervising various sized projects with potentially large crews.
- Must have a strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects safely and profitable. Good written and verbal communication skills are required including negotiation, persuasive, leadership and supervision skills, and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Current OSHA, 8 hour OSHA supervisor certification and confined space supervisor training is preferred.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities