The Field Support Technician services, troubleshoots, and repairs all types of equipment and systems in operation at any or all customer locations within their assigned territory. The FIeld Support Technician will perform effective, safe and efficient tasks and responsibilities of the Animal Health International facilities or departments in accordance with all company policies, procedures, and applicable laws. The Field Support Technician works in cooperation with Operations Management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of equipment and systems in operation at any or all customer locations.
- Monitor systems at assigned customer locations for proper operation and make adjustments or repairs as needed.
- Monitor inventory of products used at assigned customer locations to assure that inventory is adequate for continuous operation at all times.
- Deliver products from warehouse to customer location as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers as needed for proper operation of equipment and systems to achieve desired results.
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed to customers during non-working hours (evenings) and when “on-call” (weekends).
- Travel to customer locations in company vehicle and maintain vehicle and personal driving record to meet company requirements.
- Complete all records and documentation as required.
- Work overtime as required and without notice if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the Field Support Technician.
- At least one year of work in equipment service or operation of agricultural equipment required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Technical school degree or college degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak limited Spanish is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong math, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of Windows based PC’s.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic devices and their use.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
- Knowledge of cattle feeding, feeding systems, feed ingredients, and feed formulation is desired.
Work Environment / Required Physical Activity
- Outdoor service work 10-40% of the time.
- Lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional ladder climbing and work on elevated equipment.
- Local travel 75-100% of the time.
- Limited overnight travel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.