Position: Filler Operator
Reports to: Production Manager
Properly operate fillers from start up to shut down; including sanitation of equipment.
- Responsible for start up of filler.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for QA testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Ability to perform filler changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Ensure proper code dates.
- Monitor ink jet printers.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Sanitation of equipment.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Must follow companies GMP�s, SOP�s, and SSOP�s at all times.
- Must wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read chemical labels and follow safe handling procedures for food grade products.
- Must be able to work weekends, and varying shifts (days, evenings, nights).
- Must maintain a valid forklift certification issued by the company.
- Ability to accurately record data.
- Must be able to routinely lift 60 lbs., work from ladders, squat, bend, and kneel.
- Position requires frequent lifting, reaching, climbing, pulling, stooping and kneeling.
- To stand on your feet constantly during your shift.
- May be required to work in cold, damp environments.
- Maintain constant mental focus and constantly be aware of surroundings.
Borden Dairy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer