Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
Rockford, IL / BID Operations
How will you make an impact?
The Filling Technician I role is an entry level position within the Formulation and Filling department. Responsibilities include filling, labeling, and processing Thermo Fisher Scientific life science products following the appropriate documentation. Ancillary tasks include staging raw materials; cleaning laboratory hardware; off-loading automated filling lines; and supporting the department wherever assistance is needed. Majority of responsibilities take place within a cleanroom environment.
What will you do?
- Operate an assortment of semi-automated and manual filling equipment
- Operate a variety of industrial equipment including fork trucks, pallet jacks, and similar equipment
- Proper completion of required manufacturing documentation under ISO9001 guidelines
- Assist department by staging raw materials; cleaning laboratory hardware; off-loading automated filling lines; and supporting the department when needed
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the metric system
- Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment when required, which may include using a full-face respirator
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Individual must be able to handle working in an extremely fast paced environment while processing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand/walk
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Hazardous Waste Generation/Management: Associates in this position may, as part of their job activities, generate or manage hazardous waste as defined by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Individuals in this position are required to receive initial hazardous waste training within the first 30 working days of assignment. The initial waste training shall include but not be limited to the following general categories:
- Identifying hazardous and solid waste, hazardous waste management, recycling, treatment and disposal, emergency preparedness, record keeping, pollution prevention and waste reduction
- Following initial training the Associate in this position will receive annual refresher training in the same topic field as listed above
- Associate should be comfortable working frequently with organics, including flammable solvents, strong acids / bases, potential biohazards (including raw animal serums), large scale bacterial cultures, and hazardous chemicals
- 6 months experience working in a manufacturing environment
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.