To interpret all radiographs taken of castings to determine that discrepancies meet customer specifications and PCC standards; to determine if parts are acceptable or need repair, mark and route parts for necessary repairs and sign final reports that approve castings sent to customers.
Objective: to review specifications and radiographs prior to evaluation.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Reviews Technique Cards and paperwork.
B. Sorts radiographs by view for each parts.
C. Checks each radiograph to determine that appropriate sensitivity and film cleanliness.
Objective: to interpret and evaluate radiographs in order to determine the quality of castings and to accept the part or route for repair according to customer and PCC specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Visually evaluates radiographs; evaluates density changes to identify casting or welding discontinuities.
B. Interprets identified discontinuities to determine their cause and/or whether they meet customer specifications.
C. Evaluates parts with repeat problem areas; notifies engineering as needed.
D. Marks problem areas on parts needing repair; may request additional radiographs to further evaluate indications; routes for repair on salvage routing cards; may decide on or recommend necessary repairs.
E. Signs and stamps reports for acceptance of parts as determined by interpreter.
F. Reviews weld maps to ensure all welds have been radiographed.
G. Interprets and identifies surface and subsurface discontinuities per customer specifications.
H. Performs mathematical calculations from detailed drawings or blueprints to determine acceptability.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices; to comply with PCC radiation safety practices.
Essential Job Functions
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
D. May be required to handle hazardous waste.
4. Meets all production and quality standards.
5. Accurately records and documents work performed.
OTHER (MARGINAL) ACCOUNTABILITIES)
6. Provides training and work direction to less experienced personnel as assigned.
7. Performs any function of radiographers, darkroom operators and other department personnel as assigned.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned.
EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
1. Film viewer
2. Light meter
3. Radiographic reference plates
4. Pin gauges, vernier calipers, spring calipers
5. Pallet jacks
7. Optical Comparitor
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. Must complete Radiographer - Level 2 courses
3. Must complete Radiographer - Level 2 Certification.
4. Must recertify - Level 2 every three years.
5. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
1. Advanced radiographer skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of all Radiographer A or B duties for at least 1 year and completion of Level 1 Certification.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and closely related radiographic experience.
2. Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications found in Technique Cards, Quality Control Manuals and other technical materials.
3. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), with algebra preferred.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to read and interpret specifications on drawings and blueprints preferred.
6. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
7. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov