Site: FL - Apopka
Business Title: Filter Design Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
This work entails all aspects of the design and development of state-of-the-art surface/bulk acoustic wave (SAW/BAW) components used in Handset applications. Acoustic design involves product definition, feasibility, computer simulation using commercial and custom tools, design for manufacturability, layout and test characterization.
- The design of RF components in the range of 400MHz to 2.7GHz will be required, for applications such as LTE, WLAN, WiMAX, GPS, CDMA, GSM, WCDMA and Bluetooth
- Design acoustic devices employing a variety of design techniques, including conventional bandpass filters, ladder filters and coupled-resonator (CRF) or dual-mode SAW (DMS) filters
- Perform acoustic and electromagnetic (EM) simulations using a combination of commercially available tools as well as the company's state-of-the-art internally developed tools
- Layout devices and generate photomask sets
- Perform device characterization and diagnostics using the latest state of the art in RF/Microwave test equipment
- Responsible of the continuous improvement of design flow, method and cycle time
- MSEE with an RF focus required
- 3+ years direct experience in SAW or BAW design required
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave concepts, Wireless Communication and/or EM simulation (HFSS or equivalent) a plus
- Understanding of microelectronic fabrication and high volume manufacturing
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Location: FL - Apopka
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021