Who We Are:
Hagerty Consulting is one of the nation’s leading emergency management and homeland security consulting firms. Known for its public spirit, innovative thinking, problem solving, and exceptional people, Hagerty is sought after to work on some of the largest, most complex, crisis and emergency management issues. Our services are focused on creating more resilient/sustainable jurisdictions, developing whole community operational plans, supporting recovery eligibility after disasters, and obtaining billion dollar federal loans and grants.
Who We Are Looking For:
Hagerty is looking for a junior level finance/accounting professional to join our team in providing disaster grants management services to clients in the Miami, Florida area. This person will assist with project-level and potentially program-level administrative tasks, including supporting management with reporting. This role is fully remote (no future travel to the Miami-Dade area will be required).
- Serve as a liaison between the finance department and clients by responding to billing inquiries swiftly.
- Review weekly timesheets for accuracy and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Coordinate across departments to generate monthly invoices.
- Generate weekly finance reports to track billable time and expenses.
- Maintain internal documents such as employee handbook and onboarding presentation.
- Facilitate the onboarding and training process for new hires.
- Coordinate with system developers to design dashboard reports both for internal use and client distribution
Who You Are:
- A bachelor's degree is required for this position.
- Prior experience in finance, accounting, or business operations (this can include internship, part-time, work-study, and/or academic settings).
- Confidence in creating invoices is required for this role.
- Experience interfacing with both external clients and internal teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including regular use of Excel.
- 3+ years of experience as an accounting/business manager or similar role is preferred, but not required for the role.
- Exposure to emergency management and/or disaster recovery would be nice, but not at all required.
- Bachelor's degree focus should ideally be in business, finance, accounting, emergency management, or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail and collaboration skills makes an effective team member.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled