REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX saves homesellers thousands of dollars in fees by going around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that has never been used in real estate. Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 250 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $20 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
About the Position:
REX is looking to hire a finance analyst / associate to support its FP&A function. The finance team is deeply embedded in all of the REX’s businesses and functional areas as well as in future strategic planning. Finance team members are expected to not only have the skills to analyze data and provide recommendations, but must also lead cross-functional decision-making processes with leaders at all levels in the company and also lead the implementation of decisions made by and with these leaders.
The role can be based in any one of our 3 offices: Woodland Hills, CA; Redwood City, CA; Austin, TX
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain annual budget models and ongoing quarterly forecasts in collaboration with all the functions across REX
- Prepare and distribute management reporting as well as monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual reports and analyze variances with function heads
- Perform data analytics such as Revenue by Product, Region, and Business Line as well as trend analysis (MoM, QoQ and YoY) on Revenue and Opex categories
- Assist the finance team in preparing monthly executive financial updates, Board of Directors’ presentations, KPI reporting, and investor updates
- Support the Business Operations & Strategy teams with ad-hoc reporting and data analysis on pricing, new business lines, market expansion and other areas to drive key strategic decisions on new and ongoing initiatives
- Leverage existing databases maintained by to create advanced reports / data visualization to help better reflect REX’s performance
- Interface with senior leadership, Data Science, Marketing, Sales Operations, Human Resources, and other functions to ensure availability of financial data for analysis and decision making
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of the FP&A team by creating best-in-class tools, processes and reports that lead to automation of manual and recurring tasks
- Aid with fundraising, cap table management, and investor communications
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Prior experience in consulting, investment banking, or similar professional environments preferred
- History of excellence across prior academic and professional pursuits
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Strong proficiency in Excel, GSuite, financial modeling, and preparing presentations
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills, coupled with a creative analytical orientation and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven and multi-task environment involving both quantitative analysis as well as strategic planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with executives / senior leadership
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers a competitive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in a fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
A Bit More…
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We funded the construction of our first home at the end of 2015 and have since put roofs over the heads of a dozen homeless families in three countries and built a school for orphans in Cambodia.