Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You'll Do
As a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team you will be responsible for expense monitoring, forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning (LRP) processes; as well as supporting ad-hoc business analyses to support Sovos' overall mission of Solving Tax for Good.
More specifically you will:
- Execute the monthly financial forecast, as well as annual budgets and long-range plan activities
- Design, implement, and enhance financial forecasting tools and processes
- Provide insight reporting and data analyses to senior management in support of forecasting and performance management
- Understand the drivers of financial results, and clearly communicate the "story" around the numbers
- Act as a Business Partner to internal teams to help achieve financial and business objectives
- Develop a partnership with key stakeholders to enable buy-in and ownership of financial goals
- Gain alignment with business partners to better inform on financial forecasting
- Provide meaningful business review and financial insight, with a focus on performance indicators and key drivers
- Present objective analytical support to influence and reinforce business decisions
What We Need From You:
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial based position in a Software/Tech company
- Experience working with accounting systems and financial reporting
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to successfully troubleshoot and problem solve with internal and remote teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, primarily in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to comprehend and simplify complex concepts/analyses to help influence business decisions
- Ability to effectively self-manage multiple work assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change in fiscal year 2020? That’s because growth is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs in place to make sure of it, including:
- Mentoring Programs and Rotational Opportunities
- Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
- Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
- Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- myTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take it!)
- Paid family leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Progressive Wellness Program
- Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates - we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to determine next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and people seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.