From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Think about a career where you get to be a key player in learning Cargill's assets and contributing to the company's profitability. Your career path could take you to the implementation of a new technology, to a special project or to working on cross-functional international teams. During the rotation, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way.
The FAR Program is a three-year rotational program, with 12 months spent in each rotation. The program allows you to rotate through areas such as, but not limited to: Accounting and Reporting, Corporate Accounting & Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Management Information & Decision Support, Risk Management, and more. After successful completion of the three-year FAR Program, you will be placed into a permanent position. Our rotational program is the primary source for the next generation of Cargill Finance leaders!
Group Activities: Build a network of connections with peers and leaders outside through group activities. Groups plan activities throughout the year are focused around: development, community service, and networking.
• Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
• Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
• Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
• Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
• As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
• Asian Alliance Network
• Cargill Young Professionals Network
• Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
• Cargill Ebony Council
• Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
• Hispanic-Latino Council
• Cargill Pride Network
• Veterans & Military Support Network
• Cargill Women’s Network
FAR Program participants are typically based out of Minneapolis, MN or Wichita, KS for the rotations. However, participants may be placed at a Cargill plant or office location across the United States. Business need and candidate preference are both considered when determining location. FAR Program Participants should expect to potentially relocate at least once during the three-year program. The FAR Program will begin in June 2020.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related degree.
• Must be graduating between December 2019 and May 2020 and also be available to begin full-time employment by June of 2020.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
• Intermediate level proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong financial acumen
• Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of Finance
• Willing and able to relocate for rotational opportunities
• Significant quantitative and analytical capability
• Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
• Strong communication skills – written and oral
• Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with or without reasonable accommodations
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
• Experience working for a multi-national organization
• Fluency in a second language
• Demonstrated self-starter, entrepreneurial and innovative
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and strategic planning concepts
• Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning and reporting
• Experience with SAP
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)