Summary: The Jr. Billing Specialist is responsible for telephone support of members, collection of funds; posting payments and receipts; maintaining spreadsheets; producing emails and formal Member communication. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to carry each other’s everyday burdens. The foundation on which CCM’s mission is found in Acts 2:42:47.
The Fellowship of the Believers
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
The responsibility of the Junior Billing Specialist is to work with management to align the specific job duties of this position with the organization’s strategic plan so as to become a significant contributor in CCM fulfilling its mission.
Based James 5:13-16 below, every staff member will be expected to participate and/or lead prayer with internal and external customers when appropriate. (Because this will take place during the workday, these opportunities are included in the calculation of hours worked).
The Prayer of Faith
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Telephone Support of member billing Inquiries.
- Receive & Return Calls from Members
- Research and solve payment/invoice discrepancies
- Process payments and refunds
- Apply / Post payments
- Set up, change and stop EFT accounts
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required
- Telephone calls to Delinquent Members
- Assist Delinquent Members in order get current with their monthly share payments
- Update member information
- Complete tasks in CRM/billing systems
- Correct billing discrepancies
- Send e-mails and letters to members as needed
- Provide a wide variety of customer service for customer and field locations
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
- Assist with other related tasks
- Customer service—responds promptly to customer needs, meeting commitments; solicits customer feedback to improve service; manages difficult client/customer situations.
- Problem solving— gather and analyze information skillfully; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Safety and security—observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with members and/or associates of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. .
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Skills And Abilities: This job requires proficiency in the following computer application skills: use of the internet including e-mail and search engines, word processing and keyboard skills of at least 25 words per minute, ability to use a database system including how to update fields, basic knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and knowledge of a document imaging system a plus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at will' relationship.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178