Our client, a Big Four Financial Consulting firm, is looking for a Controller Operations Associate to join their finance team!
The candidate will oversee many areas as they relate to the general ledger and reporting. This position will be responsible for tasks from bank reconciliations all the way to analyzing accounts including calculating accrual entries and assisting with yearend audit and external/internal reporting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Bank reconciliation and resolution of reconciling items in a timely manner for multiple bank accounts within the NAV accounting system.
- Manage all accrual accounts in general ledger and supporting schedules which will involve review of the general ledger expense accounts for missing items, discussions with departments outside of accounting to determine accrual amounts and a level of scrutiny and understanding of accounting flow and timing of transactions.
- Manage all prepaid accounts in general ledger and supporting schedules which will involve review of applicable agreements, discussions with departments outside of accounting to determine appropriate lives of prepaids and a level of understanding of accounting flow and the nature of each prepaid item.
- Provided guidance as needed to members of the accounting and accounts payable team regarding proper account/transaction coding.
- Perform analysis as required for several expense accounts to gain understanding of activity to identify missing or inaccurate transactions.
- Determine monthly expectations of various GL accounts to assist in monthly review of results and make necessary adjustments and/or accruals or reclasses.
- Work directly with departments within the company as needed to resolve necessary accounting corrections.
- Assist in month end close process.
- Research and resolve questions/inquiries from other departments within organization regarding the accounting for items with the accounting system.
- Assist accounting team in areas as needed to help balance workload.
- Create necessary journal entries in the general ledger.
- Prepare summaries and analysis for senior and executive teams as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Ad-hoc requests as needed.
SAP experience required
Advanced Excel skills required
* Work location : Tampa, FL