With more than 60 years in business providing complete services in the auto dealership industry, Cabrera Group strives to offer a unique customer experience. Cabrera is one of the biggest auto mall in Puerto Rico, offering well-known brands recognized for their excellence and quality including American and Japanese brands as well as parts and repair services.
Cabrera’s employees are enthusiastic and have the experience and professional profile required by us. Our work force provide the backbone of our efficient operations and provide the support needed by our leadership team to focus on the our main goal: maintain Cabrera as a leader in the dealership industry on the island for GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Ford and Nissan.
Cabrera is seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Finance Director to join our company’s growing leadership team.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Finance Director will report to the Dealer Principal and in some cases to the Operational area and assume a strategic role in the financial management of the company. The Finance Director will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, stakeholder relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
In this role, you will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management and internal controls of the company, including the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensures credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Oversee / manage cash flow for all entities.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Reviewing schedules with the accounting staffs on a regular basis to ensure accurate reporting and prompt problem resolution.
- Meet with the Dealer Principal, Operations and department directors regularly to review key metrics.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action, including new products and business segments.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Supervise and review the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, address reconciling items with staff and follow up through completion
- Ensure Account receivable billings are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare end of month and year end financial reports for the organization.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Coordinate and prepare for financial audits.
- Assist the Operational area in the preparing the annual budget and annual capital expenditures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BBA in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
- 5-10+ years significant experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the automobile retail industry.
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, customer service, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- PC windows proficiency is essential
- Competitive starting compensation
- Continuous education opportunities
- World-class training and associate development
- 401 (k) with a company match
- Medical and Life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability
- Long-term disability options
We are an equal opportunity employer