We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you will support and consult with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by solving challenging and critical strategic issues facing the company.
GM Finance created the Treasury Management Potential Program, consisting of rotations within the Treasurer's Office with the intention of developing broad financial and consulting skills and producing the next generation of Finance leaders at General Motors.
Treasury Management Potential Program:
This program is comprised of select employees who have recently attained an MBA at a top-tier business school, and have several years of prior work experience. This program offers approximately three (3) rotational assignments in high visibility areas. Sr. Analysts will rotate on average every 12 months pending proven performance in each rotation. Upon successful completion of the program, Sr. Analysts are expected to take on important managerial roles within the finance organization.
New Sr. Analysts are given immediate and meaningful responsibility, and are exposed to a wide range of strategic and financial assignments. Depending on the rotation, Sr. Analysts may work on diverse projects such as managing GM’s cash investment portfolio, developing an FX risk management policy, analyzing investments in new ventures, setting corporate liquidity policy, managing global bank relations, or issuing bonds to highlight a few examples. These diverse and challenging rotations provide an excellent training ground for a career in corporate finance – program graduates will become a part of a successful group of alumni who have gone on to prominent positions at GM and other top companies, demonstrated by multiple CEOs, CFOs, Treasurers, and other senior leaders.
The rotational positions available cover all areas of the Treasurer’s Office including but not limited to: Capital Planning & Corporate Finance, Corporate Special Projects, Debt & Equity Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange & Commodities, Cash Investments & Structured Finance, Auto Finance, Treasury Operations, Supplier Finance Risk Management, and Pensions Strategy. There is also opportunity to rotate to other areas of GM such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Planning & Analysis, and select Operational Finance roles across functions (e.g., product development, supply chain) and business units (e.g., North America, Customer Care & Aftersales). These positions are primarily in SE Michigan, but in later rotations may be in other USA/overseas business units or regional treasury centers.
• Pursuing an MBA
• Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Preferred graduation year: 2020
• Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
• Ability to work full-time
Strong Analytical Skills / Fundamental Knowledge of Corporate Finance
• Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.)
• Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, Income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
• Familiarity with basic accounting principles
• Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
• Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
• Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
• Ability to learn quickly
Strategic Thinking / Business Acumen
• Ability to grasp the “big picture” and underlying strategic issues
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems
• Ability to bring fresh perspective to challenges and ability to effectively communicate advantages to such perspectives/ideas
• Ability to benchmark competition with regard to performance standards, best practices
Project Management / Client Management
• Ability to ask critical questions and gather data
• Ability to coordinate and manage tasks within a broader project
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance/supervision
• Proactively works to resolve issues and move project tasks forward
•Ability to achieve results that align with GM’s business objectives
Teamwork / Leadership Skills
• Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
• Works with sense of urgency to complete assignments
• Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
• Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies; understands the drivers
• Collaborates and coordinates information flow with other staffs and business units for optimal corporate decisions
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
• Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
• Background in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• Prior work experience of at least three years
• Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GM's values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
• Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability and trust
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovative Thinking
Location: Southeast Michigan
Candidates must apply by 10/10/2019