You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel- we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company- it truly is a special place.
Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, you will have primary responsibility for managing the transition of acquired businesses to Sonoco finance processes and financial systems (Oracle) in a timely and efficient manner and, to the extent needed, assuring that the accounting and reporting of business combinations/divestitures is complete and accurate. In addition, you will work with department process owners to identify process improvement opportunities across the Company (not just acquired businesses) and drive/lead development and implementation of process changes, new tools/systems, methods, controls, etc. to drive lower costs and/or greater effectiveness/value to the organization.
As the Finance Integration & Process Manager , your responsibilities include:
- Lead/support finance integration and consolidation of acquired businesses, including assisting in integration/implementation of financial accounting, reporting and transaction processing systems and related financial and accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Support BU Finance in the preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, and post-close accounting and purchase price adjustments for domestic and international acquisition targets; coordinate with internal and external audit, as needed
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting to ensure accurate acquisition-related accounting and disclosure requirements are incorporated in SEC filings
- Manage and ensure compliance with internal financial accounting and reporting controls for acquisitions/divestitures and system upgrades and implementations; perform necessary procedures and documentation
- Lead and/or support financial reporting and transaction processing activities required to transition divested businesses to the acquiring entity
- Identify finance and other administrative process improvement opportunities across the organization (not just acquired businesses) and drive/lead development, selection and implementation of process changes, new tools/systems, controls, etc.
- Develop project plans and work breakdown schedules
- Manage project scope
- Develop metrics for measuring project progress and success
- Mange the efforts of individuals, teams, and other resources associated with project activity
This position is in the perfect location at our global headquarters in Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
- Four Year Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent
- Preferred Certifications: CPA, CMA, and/or PMI-Certification
- Five to ten years related experience, including experience in a national or regional CPA firm and/or large company; Experience with/exposure to accounting and reporting for business combinations/dispositions preferred.
- Experience managing transactional processing and/or financial reporting activities
- Experience managing complex projects/independent teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive/implement change
- Experience applying Six-Sigma or Lean process improvement methodologies preferred
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.