Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Head of Finance Latin America
Lead, direct, and control the Latin America organization’s financial resources to maintain its short and long-term financial health. Direct all financial functions to ensure they meet the organization’s business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations and accounting principles. Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the top executive level to develop and implement a financial strategy that aligns with the organization’s business objectives. Direct the preparation of the organization´s financial reports, such as profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, management financial reports, and regulatory reports and filings. Evaluate acquisitions, investment, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets to ensure they are financially viable. This position leads the processes with the Latin America (LA) Leadership teams to prepare the team’s annual operating plan, intimately participates in the analysis/definition and implementation of business decisions and to makes sure the team achieves stated business objectives. This role ensures appropriate financial controls are in place and effective, prepares/reviews financial feasibility of new business opportunities, prepares/reviews pricing strategies, evaluates new markets and customers, and is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the region’s Profit & Loss statements. Establish and maintain positive relationships with banks, investment analyst, and other financial institutions. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop his team to ensure the organization’s financial strategy is implemented effectively, consistently and according to established guidelines
Report accurate financial information and report all material transactions. Adhere to corporate policies and USGAAP. Adhere to Mexican and US NIF and local Tax legislation. (LATAM: Mexico, Guatemala and US) Lead internal control design and promote adherence: System of checks and balances to protect assets Lead operational policies and procedures design. Define processes to eliminate temptation. Develop and nurture a superior controllership organization. Partner with HR to effectively contain SG&A inflation Ensure adherence to local legislation and corporate standards: Procedures for preventing violations of law Lead local efforts on risk assessment Follow up of legal matters Support Business Unit VP to deliver committed financial targets. Develop and nurture a superior FP&A organization Implement reliable financial forecast process Design and implement tracking tools Provide reliable cost information to assist the Supply Chain area to deliver TDC targets. Develop solid standard cost process and timely identify root cause of variances. Obtain necessary funds to grant operations continuity: Implement the business unit credit practices Define banking and investment instruments. Develop and nurture a superior T/C&C organization Define risk transfer strategies Lead financial, tax and legal assessment of external development initiatives Establish cost effective Information and Communication systems. Ensure that requirements are business driven. Execute projects required to achieve strategic goals, as well as promote alignment with corporate architecture. Develop and nurture a superior IT organization, and partner with key users to foster productivity Drive organization engagement: Foster recognition, celebrate diversity and improve accessibility.
Job Specifications (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NORMALLY REQUIRED FOR COMPETENT PERFORMANCE IN THE JOB)
Minimum education required: Bachelors Degree / Professional
Education desired: Finance / MBA
Years of relevant experience: 10 to 15 years minimum
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- English proficiency at 100% is a must
- Strong strategic skills
- Influencing and motivating skills, political savvy, strategic and organizational agility. Must be able to effectively interface with all areas, WHQ and influence people on both strategic and tactical issues
- Must have strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, both in English and Spanish, ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization, including corporate and division.
- Demonstrated strong initiative; self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Proved ability to develop people
- Capable of establishing and maintaining a solid network and relationship with WHQ
- Demonstrated leadership skills, a commitment to teamwork and a team-based environment, employee empowered work systems and a commitment to safe operations, both behavioral and process related. Desirable to have multicultural experience.
- Ability to understand the big picture and improve the small pieces to enhance overall productivity
- Ability to develop a financial strategy for the company, aligned with the organization´s goals.
- Strong financial analytics capabilities, able to direct all financial functions (financial planning, treasury, controlling, etc.)
- Ability to analyze, process high volumes of information and manage multiple priorities in a timely manner; with precise attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy and follow through
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related degree
- Education desired: Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 10 to 15 years professional experience, preferably in the CPG industry and Latin America (Mexico, South and Central America) and Caribbean businesses
- Working knowledge of Spanish (written and oral) is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Excellent knowledge of internal audit, balance sheet management and profitability
- Strong systems experience especially with the Microsoft Office products
- Other key relevant skills include strategic agility, action orientation, strong business acumen, effective communication, integrity, team leadership, process management, and courage to play the role of decision maker, advisor and informed stakehoder when/as required by the business.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.