Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Business Unit Finance Manager is responsible for preparing/presenting the financial reports on a monthly/quarterly basis to the Business Unit (BU). This responsibility also includes assisting Program Managers in the development of Estimates to Complete. The manager will monitor and establish financial performance and provide feedback to business unit and program management regarding opportunities to improve effectiveness.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare program Estimates at Completion (EAC) for Program Management.
- Provide program finance information in support of status reviews and Program Management Reviews.
- Provide direction for the preparation and presentation of results of projects within the business unit to management.
- Evaluate and present quarterly profit and loss statements for all assigned programs.
- Track program performance against Program Baseline Budgets and Delivery Schedules to support Program Management.
- Document program planning and control processes and develop continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide monthly analysis of closing reports to the Accounting department
- Program Management in forecasting revenues.
- Support all internal and external audits, in collaboration with the Business Unit Finance Director.
- Monitor and maintain Work Authorization Documents.
- Create and Maintain Revenue Recognition Documents.
- Develop and implement processes and tools, training and opportunities necessary to strengthen the Business Unit organization.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Corporate Finance & Accounting
- Business Unit: Finance, Program Management, Procurement & Contracts
- Business Unit Vice President
- Site Accounting
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred)
Bachelor degree required.
Specific Degree Field, only if required: Accounting and/or Finance
Functional (Using Skill Set): 5-8 years
Management: 3-5 years
Industry: 3-5 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Skilled at reading and interpreting numbers and completing calculations
- Experience analyzing financial information
- Experience using balance sheets and graphic displays
- Experience with business unit accounting
- Ability to effectively present and communicate financial and accounting data to management
- Must be a self starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Extensive experience with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with BaaN, Data Warehouses/Business Objects, preferred
- Should have a strong work ethic and be willing to go beyond the norm
- Should have working knowledge in a project oriented manufacturing environment