Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Finance Manager provides financial leadership and commercial support related to managing planning/forecasting, period-end reporting and communications, ad hoc analyses and special projects. Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the Group’s financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
- Provides financial analyses and reporting used in developing guidance and strategy for the Group’s performance including business planning, capital planning, forecasting, and operational reviews.
- Responsible for the summarization of operating results of each division and performance metrics including brand P&Ls on a period, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manages the preparation of the annual budget, financial forecasting, long-range plans, actual results and other supporting analysis.
- Provides variance reporting and analysis for revenue, margin and expense against plan/forecast.
- Collaborate with brand leadership on department budgets to develop detail cost center plans.
- Provide insights on the division(s) with focus on business trends (order trends and related metrics) on an appropriate cadence with goal of highlighting deviations for plan, insight to product category performance, key site performance metrics.
- Communicate operating results to finance and brand leadership with view to period, quarter, and year to date results against prior year and plan/forecast.
- Work with commercial business leads on revenue assumptions and gross margin expectations.
- Directs the activities of professional and support staff to ensure accounting controls and systems are in place to address accuracy, reliability, completeness and proper recording of financial data in accordance with GAAP and other corporate policies.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of accounting/analyst experience.
- Proven experience in strategic thinking, leading teams, achieving results, and managing processes and projects requiring complex analytical thinking and consistence execution.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, operationally aggressive and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and demonstrates flexibility while achieving accuracy and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).