From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Finance Manager develops and reviews division budgeting, financial planning, controls, accounting and reporting policies and practices. Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the division’s financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
- Develops and maintains division budgeting, financial planning, reforecasting and spending controls.
- Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the division’s financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
- Establishes financial models to assess revenue, margin and operating expenses in order to provide insightful analysis to be used in everyday operations.
- Maintain long-range-planning model to provide insightful trend analysis for product and financial milestone meetings (i.e. revenue, costing, margin and expense trends)
- Maintains and enforces accounting controls and supporting systems related to operations to ensure the accuracy, reliability, completeness and proper recording of financial data in accordance with GAAP and other corporate policies.
- Prepares various financial analysis evaluating new business opportunities and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced/highly deadline-oriented environment
- Supervises and develops division’s accounting and finance staff.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in finance or related field
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in SAP/BW business systems preferred
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and possesses a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and demonstrate flexibility while achieving accuracy and meeting deadlines
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).