Thermon, Inc., (NYSE: THR) is an Industrial Technology company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Through its global network, Thermon provides safe, reliable and mission critical industrial process heating solutions. Thermon serves the global energy, power generation and chemical markets to provide innovative solutions for industrial heating applications by deeply understanding our customers' needs. Thermon specializes in providing complete flow assurance, process heating, temperature maintenance, freeze protection and environmental monitoring solutions. Our values of Care, Commit and Collaborate are the bedrock of how we conduct business both internally and externally.
Thermon has an established record of innovation and excellence. We recognize this is only possible with the hard work and dedication of our employees. We strive to maintain a dynamic and diverse workforce.
We offer environments where collaboration, mentoring and professional growth are encouraged. Ideal candidates for our team will recognize the value of being a part of an organization that not only provides a competitive wage but that also promises a great career.
The Financial, Planning and Analysis Manager provides complex, high-quality support and serve as a Strategic Business Partner to the Vice President and Management Team, by providing overall Strategic Business Operations for the $150M US&LAM Region. This role daily demonstrates the Company's values of Care, Commit, and Collaborate, while being highly accountable.This position requires the FP&A Partner to maintain incredible accuracy, responsiveness, and high-level customer and client focused support.You must exude calm and confidence and enjoy what you do, employing an optimistic can do attitude while having fun getting results.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and report monthly and quarterly trends on Key Performance Indicators such as:
- CRM and Pipeline Activity
- Quotation Hit ratio
- Bookings Forecast
- Quick Turn sales
- Partner with the United States and Latin America Region Vice President (US&LAM) to support with P&L Forecasts
- Supports the monthly financial package to senior management, including commenting on variances to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Creates a business-partner relationships with Operations, Sales, Human Resources, Procurement, and Project Execution to assist in management of all aspects of the business.
- Develop or improve processes for:
- Business case preparation and analysis (Stage Gate, Strategic Initiatives)
- Expense management
- Profitability analysis and pricing support
- Lead financial business processes to ensure the business is operating effectively, reporting accurately and timely, and providing the necessary information and analysis to make sound business decisions. Including but not limited to the annual budget process, five year plan, quarterly business reviews, forecast risk and opportunity identification, productivity, capital spending, and balance sheet reviews.
- Leads quarterly Forecast preparation and risk and opportunity reviews. Consolidate and communicate forecast to upper management per due dates.
- Provide support to the accounting group across operations and sets of books for financial closing, reporting and compliance activities.
- Analyzes financial and operational data, draws conclusions and presents recommendations on decisions and actions to regional leadership.
- Lead and participate in a variety of process improvement projects to enhance accounting, forecasting, planning, reporting or operational procedures.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the annual business plan and five year strategic business plans for the Region as well as target-setting for Sales and Business Development Teams.
- Coordinates with Corporate on the preparation and distribution of managerial reports
- Ensures compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Key contact for the site for Regional Reporting, Corporate reporting and ad-hoc requirements.
- Interact with a wide range of levels within Thermon's organization, corporate internal and external stakeholders.
- Travel 10% of time, mostly within USA.
To be successful in this role you will possess
- Humility: wants credit to go to the team for business achievements. Not afraid to ask for help and seek guidance when needed. Receives criticism with grace and is willing to change direction when presented with a better solution. Practices servant leadership.
- Builds Effective Teams: Blends people into teams, collaborates and inspires them to perform; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; allows people to finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Drive for Results: Is high energy, action oriented and focused on producing good outcomes. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others forward to the goal.
- Champions Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Intellectual Horsepower: Able to grasp complex issues and understand the essence of the challenges at hand. Assimilates new information quickly and does not get overwhelmed when needing to move quickly from one topic to another.
- Change Agility: A change leader; creates effective plans to promote change; knows how to manage in changing circumstances; strongly advocates an independent point of view, but can be counted on to execute management decisions and strategies; understands the need for change before being told; seizes opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality: Makes good, timely decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions. Able to move forward without all of the data.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; is not upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Collaboration: Is able to develop strong relationships with leaders and employees at all levels and areas of responsibility within the company, and is able to work effectively across functional boundaries in a matrix environment.
- Problem Solver: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. Deals fairly with non-performance and is unafraid to deliver tough messages when necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Financial roles.
- Financial leadership experience at a $100 million company or division required.
- Experience working with a financial ERP system is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience in working with a public company or Multi National Corporations
- Proven employee management skills, with ability to develop and energize employees.
- Ability to interact and contribute to Thermon's Management Team, thus requiring strong business acumen.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, internal controls, and ability to identify and resolve process control weaknesses.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other reporting tools including the ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution business processes to perform detailed reviews of procedures and systems and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to interpret and explain financial results to a non-financial audience.
- Ability to answer daily formal and informal questions from a broad audience independently, accurately, and timely.
- Provide advice and solutions by communicating and interacting extensively with personnel including sales, engineering, procurement, project management, operations and manufacturing and construction service departments.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish language is a plus).
When applying please submit your resume referencing this job post.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Recruiters need not to inquire as a retained search firm in engaged.