The Finance Special Programs Coordinator will serve as a resource to all Federal Fund Program Managers, the Director of Federal Programs, and the Finance Office Staff in an effort to comply with federal fund laws, guidelines, and processes. This person will coordinate, assist, and oversee the grant application and management process including identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, assist with writing grants, developing budgets, collecting and analyzing data, collaborating on grant applications with various Home Office units and community organizations, and processing, monitoring and coordinating required report evaluations on existing grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 2-4+ years’ experience in public school finance, working with federal funds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to plan and managing projects
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; utilizing pertinent software applications; grant writing
- Ability to review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of public school curriculum, fund accounting, community organizations, public and private agency funding sources
- Ability to gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment
- Ability to remain flexible and work with others in a wide variety of circumstances
- Ability to analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze issues, and create action plans.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serves as a resource to Federal Fund Program Managers, the Director of Federal Programs, and the Finance Staff
- Collaborates with a variety of parties (e.g. district personnel, Education Service Centers, community organizations, etc.) for the purpose of securing funding to maintain and enhance services and/or programs
- Coordinates all grant processes (e.g. evaluations, budget, finance, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the district and funder guidelines.
- Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology
- Develops grant applications and related documents (e.g. required reports, budgets, specific inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of submitting to the appropriate funding agency.
- Evaluates the degree of match between listed grant priority area and system needs for the purpose of matching needs with funding sources
- Monitors proposals and funding application requirements (e.g. presentation (number of copies and binding), content, delivery method and labeling, deadlines, eligibility for the grant, etc.) for the purpose of utilizing time and resources to maximize successful awarding of grant funds.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Presents concepts, status, and information to a variety of groups (e.g. funding requests, grant applications, identifying underfunded services, etc.) for the purpose of gaining the required administrative and board approvals, providing progress reports to administration and funding sources and/or advising other staff of potential funding sources
- Researches grant opportunities (e.g. facility improvements, curriculum development, administrative needs, etc.) for the purpose of developing additional funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations as well as serving as a clearinghouse for potential grant funding opportunities
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.