Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is part of Cherokee Federal - a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients.
For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com .
The Financial Specialist I(Junior) performs general financial duties for Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton (NAMRU-D), including managing financial documents, preparing contracting actions and preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update financial tracking Excel workbooks and data entry into financial systems.
- Organize, review, manage and file financial documents electronically.
- Devise and maintain tracking mechanism to track the correction of missing or incomplete financial documentation.
- Prepare contracting actions and Government Purchase Card Program (GPCP) actions (adjustments for price changes) in the financial system.
- Run daily reports for accounting, travel, budget, Government labor and GPCP. Research documents for reversion and gathering information for required quarterly accounting reporting.
- Aid the GPCP Approving Official (AO) in duties assigned.
- This position will not have any supervisory or management authority
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in business, finance or related field required.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in financial, accounting, and/or business operations.
- Experience in running queries and reports from the financial systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in updating financial tracking Excel workbooks and data entry into financial systems.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral communication and written skills
- Proficient with computer software, including the Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suites programs
- Knowledge of the Government Purchase Card Program.
- Candidates must be US citizens
- Must have a SECRET clearance or the ability to attain an Interim SECRET clearance in sixty (60) days.
- Must pass a drug screen and a federal background check as a condition of employment.
- On-site climate-controlled office building. Currently during COVID restrictions, telework form home may be authorized.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. 19516