More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Role is within the Technology PMO, providing Scrum Master leadership and support for one or more Agile teams in the Finance Domain (Treasury, Accounting, Procurement, Regulatory Reporting). In the role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The role will facilitate the adoption of and adherence to E*Trade's Agile SDLC methodology and policies. The role will enable team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as scrum master for one or more teams
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Facilitates teamwork and continuous improvement of the team's agile and XP engineering practices
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the team in risk management
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 Years of experience as a Project Manager and Scrum Master
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
- Familiarity with Corporate Finance processes, functions and systems
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must have the ability to work with diverse personality types
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.