We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities
As a Finance Analyst, you will support and consult with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by designing and implementing timely business solutions. Finance Analysts are expected to help solve challenging and mission critical issues facing the company.
GM Finance created the Finance TRACK (Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge) Program, consisting of rotations within Operations Finance, Accounting, and the Treasurer's Office with the intention of developing broad financial and consulting skills and producing the next generation of Finance and Accounting leaders at General Motors.
Finance Development TRACK Program:
This program is comprised of select employees that recently attained a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related business field without full-time relevant prior work experience. This program offers three (3) rotational assignments in high visibility areas. TRACK analysts will rotate on average every 12 months pending proven performance in each rotation. Upon completion of the program, bachelor degree candidates are expected to progress to either a broad managerial development path or to a specific business area developmental path.
Rotations typically consist of at least one (1) project requiring advanced data gathering, analytical capability, and presentation skills. Each project gives an opportunity to propose and implement business solutions with regional and/or global footprints. Analysts are expected to consult with GM’s globally diverse organizations to gather data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives. The positions are primarily in SE Michigan, but can also include a plant across the country and, in later rotations, possibly overseas in business units or regional treasury centers. There are three primary paths to choose within GM Finance, including Operations, Treasury, and Accounting roles.
• Rotations may include: Controllership, Tax, and Audit
• Rotations will provide candidates with the work experience necessary towards obtaining a CPA license and may include consolidating and reporting company results, analyzing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment, and serving as a strategic business partner to increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields (includingMAcc or double major – to get to 150 credit hours needed to sit for the CPAexam)
• Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Preferred graduation: Spring or Summer 2020
• Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
• Ability to work full time starting the Summer of 2020
• Right to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Strong Analytical Skills / Fundamental Knowledge of Corporate Finance
• Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.)
• Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, Income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
• Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles for Accounting roles
• Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
• Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
• Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
• Ability to learn quickly
Strategic Thinking / Business Acumen
• Ability to grasp the “big picture” and underlying strategic issues
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems
• Ability to bring fresh perspective to challenges and ability to effectively communicate advantages to such perspectives/ideas
• Ability to benchmark competition with regard to performance standards, best practices
Project Management / Client Management
• Ability to ask critical questions and gather data
• Ability to coordinate and manage tasks within a broader project
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance/supervision
• Proactively works to resolve issues and move project tasks forward
• Ability to achieve results that align with GM’s business objectives
Teamwork / Leadership Skills
• Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
• Works with sense of urgency to complete assignments
• Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
• Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies; understands the drivers
• Collaborates and coordinates information flow with other staffs and business units for optimal corporate decisions
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
• Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
• Previous internship experience
• Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GM's values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
• Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability and trust
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovative Thinking
Location: Southeast Michigan
Candidates must apply by 9/26/2019
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.