The Staff Accountant performs accounting and finance functions for assigned business units or locations in North America. The position will report to an Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing monthly closing activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute daily, weekly and monthly accounting activites to ensure timely workflow and recording of all financial transactions.
- Perform activities related to the monthly closing process for several locations. Responsibilities include running reports, preparing journal entries, preparing accruals, account reconciliations, creating standard work and improving the accuracy and timeliness of the close process.
- Support actions to achieve plant profitability and business plans.
- Extract, review, analyze and compile information from a variety of financial and non-financial systems.
- Working with CIP and fixed assets on a monthly basis
- Ensure internal policies and controls are complied with including: data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline required.
- One to two years of experience in a finance or accounting at a manufacturing company and /or public accounting preferred.
- Understands P&L, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Team player who is organized, a self-starter and pays attention to detail.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.