This role will assist in ensuring that company financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and trial balances are prepared accurately. Will be responsible for support of business line reporting with accordance of local GAAP. This includes both domestic and foreign entities in different functional currencies.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate/resolve account discrepancies
- Prepare and post journal entries into ERP systems, preparing proper support, documentation, and approval for all journal entries.
- Actively participate in the monthly close process, which requires working under time sensitive deadlines
- Provide quarterly and year-end reporting schedules, memo statistics and balance sheet review commentary
- Interface with internal/external audit, business management, controllers, and SEC reporting teams
- Perform peer SOx testing
- Perform financial analysis, exercising sound judgement, as well as, knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Monitor and reconcile accounting system interfaces, and work with IT to resolve discrepancies
- Maintain and update GL account mapping
- This role will be responsible for supporting entities in the US and internationally as we continue to grow as an organization both through acquisitions and organic growth
- Position may at times may require additional work hours
- Bachelors Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree or experience, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- 1+ of that being in general ledger account reconciliations.
A successful candidate for this role will possess all or most of the following:
- Able to articulately communicate with various levels of the company both within and outside the financial organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Develop new tools to improve processes Perform cost and financial analysis for company operating units.
- Involved in problem-solving and team collaboration around department process improvements.
- Possess the ability to question current processes and be an innovative thinker.
- Interface with peers from around the globe.
- Able to work under the pressure of reporting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Microsoft Excel skills, Pivot/Look-up tables, SQL/VBA a plus
Primary Location : US-OH-Akron
Work Locations :
Akron, OH (100)
1200 East Market Street - Suite 650
Job : Finance / Accounting
Organization : B&W
Job Posting : Jul 7, 2020