Financial Accountant I
Role Purpose:This position will be responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly journal entries, detailed reports, SON and various clearing/suspense/agents balances account reconciliations for the North American entities of the AGCS business unit.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, reconcile and report premium both direct and assumed. Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Prepare/analyze quarterly statutory over ninety reports and related non-admitted asset journal entries for the North American entities of the AGCS business unit.
- Prepares monthly cash, premium receivable and other account reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Contribute to department and organization of special projects assigned by management.
- Ensure that all IFRS, GAAP and Statutory accounting related to your area are accurate and timely.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility and ensure they are up to date.
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 3-5 years related business experience, ideally in commercial insurance
- Experience with SAP GL and AR system, preferred
- Solid computer literacy, with advanced proficiency in Excel, with knowledge of MS Office software, e.g. Word and PowerPoint
- Accounting technical knowledge to accurately record accounting transactions
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and the ability to take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty
- Advanced ability to mulit-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others, adapt to change and accept challenging assignments
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 88 million private and corporate customers and more than 140,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group's dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty
insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
Worldwide, AGCS operates in 30 countries with own units and in over 210 countries and territories through the Allianz Group network and partners. In 2016, it employed around 5,000 people and provided insurance solutions to more than three quarters of the 'Fortune Global 500' companies, writing a total of €7.6 billion gross premium worldwide.
AGCS SE is rated AA by Standard & Poor’s and A+ by A.M. Best.
More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at www.agcs.allianz.com/careers