POSITION: Financial Aid Advisor
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-time, includes some nights and occasional Saturday
REPORTS TO: Financial Aid Manager
START DATE: March 2019
LOCATIONS: Wauwatosa/Racine Campuses
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Packaging all approved Financial Aid awards in Banner
- Collect and process documentation required for “Verification” of a student’s financial aid application in accordance with federal and school regulations.
- Accurately and efficiently package, award, and advise students on financial aid. Complete all steps in the process in a timely manner.
- Interpret regulatory criteria, standards, policy and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of all student financial aid programs administered by the Financial Aid Office.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining working relationships with other departments on campus to achieve enrollment and retention goals.
- Manage financial aid document retention and archives.
- Actively participate to ensure timely delivery of assistance and services given to students.
- Prepare student accounts for payments, graduation, and withdrawals.
- Other duties as assigned by your Manager.
COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree required in a related field.
- Knowledge of Federal Title IV highly preferred.
- Knowledge Banner preferred but not required.
- Skills in planning, prioritizing, problem solving, scheduling, evaluating, and organizing. Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and work with diverse groups.
- Strong technological skills, attention to detail, and accuracy are a must. Experience with regulatory agencies and customer driven environments is helpful.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently package, award, and advise students on financial aid, via Skype.
- This position requires travel to Racine one to two days a week.
- Must thrive on working in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where attention to detail is a must.
- Must possess a drive for excellence.
Please upload cover letter and resume during electronic application process.
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.