Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Financial Aid Generalist
Division of Strategic Enrollment Management
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Job
DSU is seeking a compassionate, bright, and innovative individual committed to continuous improvement and supporting students in achieving their goals. If you are dedicated to the premise that education changes lives, and are fully engaged in realizing that vision, we're looking for you!
The Financial Aid Generalist assists in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Financial Aid. The primary focus is support (phones, emails, and work queues) for Financial Aid. Additionally, this position will be responsible for various processing requirements.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Serve as the first point of contact for students/parents with the financial aid office to provide customer service through in-person, phone, and email.
2. Primary on all assigned work queues, email and message center communications.
3. Provide financial aid information to students/parents regarding the application process, needs determination, verification, and status of their financial aid application in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
4. Serve as an information resource for incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students and continuing students to research and assist financial aid counselor/professional staff in resolving student eligibility issues, determining eligibility for financial aid, and award processing issues.
5. Troubleshoot student accounts to ensure funds are received including following up with students regarding any missing documents, unit/program changes, enrollment delays and the satisfactory academic progress appeals process.
6. Support the collection of required documentation and processing of forms related to functional areas within the unit.
7. Assist in creation and maintenance of electronic financial aid forms
8. Assist in the coordination of information gathering for annual financial aid audits
9. Uses Image Now or Banner Document Management System (BDMS) to manage and process financial aid and other related documents.
10. Monitors Image Now and/or BDMS and electronic form submissions, validate documents for release into Image Now and/or BDMS.
11. Using Image Now and/or BDMS scans financial aid documents and conducts review of computerized imaging indexes of documents to ensure accuracy and conformance to accepted standards and quality for the imaging system.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
1. On an occasional basis, travel to an off-campus meeting site to attend institutional workshops
2. Provide support to other strategic enrollment departments, as needed.
3. Handle discrepancy resolutions of awards.
4. Required to work some evenings and weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. The ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner is a must.
2. Knowledge of all regulations, policies and procedures governing financial aid programs ensuring institutional compliance at all times.
3. Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of external funding criteria for each scholarship.
1. Education: Equivalent to an Associates Degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited college, one (1) or more years of experience may substitute degree requirements; B.A. or B.S. preferred.
2. Successful experience: Comprehensive knowledge of Title IV laws and regulations; proven success in customer service; excellent written and oral communications; computer proficiency; organizational skills. Experience working with a complex data system, preferably Ellucian/Banner.
3. Other: Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including potential/incoming students and their families, current students and their families, faculty, administrators, and the public.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required; ability to discuss aid/full pay concerns with students
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals.
3. Demonstrate ability to resolve problems timely and effectively.
4. Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed