Typical Core Duties
- Responsible for effective staff management for a group or team of employees, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- Direct financial analysis processes, analyze business critical systems, and proactively resolve strategic issues that may span multiple areas
- Develop and implement of strategies for: budgeting; forecasting, modeling & projecting; identifying & explaining variances; financial reporting; internal controls; expense reductions; cost containment; and revenue enhancements
- Develop and maintain forecasting model for capital and/or operating budgets, develop long-range financial forecast, and develop capital and operating performance targets
- Partner with finance leadership on multi-year financial plans and capital budgeting process
- Identify opportunities and champion major initiatives for continuous improvement in support of internal controls and financial reporting processes
- May act as a liaison to the University budget office
- Collaborate with University-wide finance leadership to develop financial processes, policies and procedures
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- MBA, Master’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced knowledge of budget management, financial analysis and financial modeling; working knowledge of accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
- Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.