Working with general supervision, the Finance Analyst, is responsible for providing accurate, timely performance data and analysis to field and SSC office partners. The principal business outcome of
this position is to increase profitability by providing strategic performance-related insights and identifying opportunities to enhance performance. In addition to technical and analytical experience, this associate
possesses strong communication and planning skills and will routinely communicate with and respond to all levels of field and office management. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a
week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Review financial results and key metrics of domestic stores’ general operations and SSC Departmental operations, ensuring that field and office management is provided with reporting and analysis to measure performance and identify opportunities.
- Create high-level annual financial plans for assigned accounts, in partnership with business owners, by identifying drivers and variances from prior year, plan and forecast, and articulate recommendations that will improve future results.
- Support ongoing financial forecasts by routinely monitoring assigned account performance. Effectively communicate and facilitate forecast updates with department heads and business owners.
- Evaluate performance of various initiatives with test/control methodology
- Proactively generate ideas and analysis to improve bottom-line profit and healthy sales growth
- Foster reporting automation and simplifying processes where possible to eliminate redundant work.
- Assist with other projects or duties as needed.
- Pro-active communication with business partners, peers and management
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment Customer service by prioritizing business partner requests, responding quickly and favorably to feedback, and following up on all work
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses and identify the implications for potential strategies; keeps a financial perspective in the forefront when making strategic decisions
- Accountability: Sets a high standard of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Finance or Business program required
- Accounting acumen and working knowledge of principles and practices required
- 1-2, or more years of related experience with multi-unit locations preferred
- Hyperion knowledge a plus
- Cognos knowledge a plus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of financial concepts and tools (store-level planning, financial statements, break-even, sensitivity analysis, NPV, ROI, etc.)
- Progressive Excel, with basic PowerPoint and experience with data management tools.
- Proficient knowledge of technical modeling skills. Statistical modeling skills a plus
- Proficient ability to effectively and accurately enter, retrieve, analyze, recognize discrepancies, organize, and report financial data
- Flexibility to work extended, non-traditional hours as needed during peak periods, such as annual planning processes and/or to meet deliverables
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively and professionally across departments and supervisory levels
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively in English with upper management and co-workers, including the ability to deliver effective presentations as needed to small groups within the organization
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities