The Financial Analyst I is an important contributor in the Company’s financial planning and analysis function and will provide analytical support to the investor relations area. The Financial Analyst I will assist in building budgets and forecasts, extract and analyze financial data used to identify business trends and opportunities, calculate key operating metrics that track the health and profitability of the business and contribute to the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses used by Company management in conversations with third-party investors and analysts.
.• Gather, organize, and present financial data to support the annual budget and periodic forecasting process in an accurate and timely manner.
• Build and maintain annual budget models, periodic forecast models based on recent trends and expectations and predictive models that assess the viability of new initiatives or projects that are under consideration.
• Conduct periodic reviews of results with department heads to improve the accuracy of forecasts.
• Compile and analyze financial reports and operational metrics. Identify trends, anomalies, and discrepancies that require management attention.
• Independently assess and effectively communicate the competitive performances and valuation metrics that are relevant to the Company.
• Present reliable conclusions to support management assessment of financial and operational performance.
• Develop a standard set of period-end reports to assist executives, operational managers and department heads in evaluating performance compared to budget and forecast expectations.
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel models.
• Participate in coordination and administration of the corporate risk management program including insurance matters.
• Develop presentations and reports that accurately reflect the state of the business to the Board of Directors, internal stakeholders and third-party investors and analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are necessary to be considered for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A self-motivated contributor with the ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization.
• An unwavering commitment to ethics and personal responsibility.
• Advanced data mining skills or aptitude.
• Confident and comfortable dealing with all levels of the organization plus outside consultants, investors, analysts and service providers.
• Technical proficiency in GAAP.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of database query tools (SQL, Business Objects, etc.) a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Zero to three years of work experience (any previous experience should be in an accounting or financial analysis role).
• Retail experience preferred.
• Hands-on experience with large ERP systems preferred.