The Financial Analyst gathers important Company data related to key performance indicators, compiles and analyzes the data, and reports trends and issues to senior managers with a focus on increasing efficiency and profitability for strategic planning. This includes but is not limited to monthly review of P&L reports, financial projections, and KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieve, analyze and interpret Company-wide data
- Provide upper level management reports utilizing company data to analyze performance, trends and compile reports with findings
- Monitor key indicators and maintain ongoing data/reports
- Work with IT to identify and further develop reporting capability, including develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards
- Develop and generate regular and ad hoc reports
- Assess and analyze current work practices for process improvement opportunities
- Perform ad hoc analysis for various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented and well-developed organizational skills
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis and problem solving
- Strong statistical and data analysis skills
- Computer proficiency working with a variety of software applications; advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Entry level experience in the development of reporting, metrics, and dashboards, preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology, or a related field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands/fingers for data entry and filing. The employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.