|Financial Analyst- Budget & Decision Support|
|Job Post Date:||05/24/2019|
|Facility:||WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL|
|Department:||Budget and Reimbursement|
|Hours:||Mon to Fri Varied|
|Job Details:||Bachelor's Degree|
White Plains Hospital Job Description
Title: Financial Analyst –
Job Code: 700247
Department/Location: Budget and Analytics -
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director of
The Financial Analyst position assists in the preparation and maintenance of the Hospital's Annual Budget, prepares and analyzes
monthly variance and biweekly FTE reports, compiles and prepares monthly statistical data, prepares monthly revenue reports and
provides ad hoc reporting and duties as needed within the Budget and Decision Support Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
2. Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget requests and maintains the appropriate supporting
3. Maintains budget and reporting system including but not limited to monthly imports, monthly utilities, data table maintenance,
general ledger reconciliation and variance reporting.
4. Develops expertise in management reporting system and provides simple to complex reports to management
5. Assist with maintenance of capital tracking and capital planning systems.
6. Maintains decision support systems and employs other desktop analytical tools in providing analysis for hospital leadership.
7. Acts as a liaison between finance department and other hospital departments.
8. Prepares/assists with the accumulation and preparation of data for monthly financial and statistical reports.
9. Prepares, maintains and presents analyses for ad-hoc requests from hospital senior leadership as required.
10. Leads training of end users on management reporting and budgeting systems in classroom and individual settings
11. Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business/Hospital Administration desirable.
• Knowledge of healthcare systems and business practices desirable.
• Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Management Information Systems Administration and implementation desirable.
• Knowledge of organizational budgeting processes desirable.
• Knowledge of Decision Support/Cost Accounting Systems desirable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required.
• Detail-oriented and analytical skills required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Understand key issues and synthesize complex information to communicate to various audiences.
• Refined analytical skills; comfort manipulating and summarizing observations from large data sets
• Excellent written and oral communication skills applicable to a wide variety of audiences.
• Position requires the ability to maintain positive relationships with peers, supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Staff
and Representatives of outside Agencies.
• Effectively communicates and develops professional cooperation across the organization.
• The position works closely with other members of the Finance, IT, Nursing, Patient Accounting and Human Resource
Departments and must be able to maintain productive working relationships with all other ancillary departments as
• Position must exhibit integrity and confidentiality in dealing with information which can be sensitive in nature, including
information which may fall under HIPAA regulations.
• Position must be able to retain composure under stress.
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
• May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may
be exposed to are listed in the hospital's SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the
hospital's Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the
hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
• Ability to remain in stationary position 90% of the time
• Constantly utilizes/operates computer to access information
• Ability to operate general office equipment
Primary Population Served
Check appropriate box(s) below:
?Neonatal (birth – 28 days) ?Patients with exceptional communication needs
?Infant (29 days – less than 1 year) ?Patients with developmental delays
?Pediatric (1 – 12 years) ?Patients at end of life
?Adolescent (13 – 17 years) ?Patients under isolation precautions
?Adult (18 – 64 years) ?Patients with cultural needs
?Geriatric (> 65 years) ?All populations
?Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities ? Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined
by the needs of White Plains Hospital.