PotomacWave Consulting is currently looking for a Financial Analyst with a TS Clearance for our federal government client in Chantilly, VA.
The Contractor shall conduct thorough forensic financial analysis of business and personal records and develop financial profiles of individuals or groups identified as participating in suspicious or illegal activity. The Contractor shall assist investigators in preparing documents for use as evidence in investigations. The Contractor shall identify and trace funding sources and interrelated transactions. The Contractor shall compile findings and conclusions into financial investigative reports. The Contractor shall meet and participate on teams with Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts. The Contractor shall provide assistance with operational initiatives with a financial nexus.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry practices of accounting, auditing, and investigative techniques regarding detection and/or discovery of financial deception and fraud.
- Experience conducting thorough forensic financial analysis of business and personal records and developing financial profiles of individuals or groups
- Experience participating in gathering evidence and supporting the preparation of search warrants/affidavits associated with financial analysis;
- Experience identifying and tracing funding sources and interrelated transactions;
- Experience compiling draft findings and conclusions into financial investigative reports;
- Knowledge of and experience with industry practices as related to the collection, review, and analysis of intelligence data and the predictive modeling based upon this analysis. This support should include:
- Gathering, analyzing, correlating, or evaluating information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases;
- Linking or charting suspects to criminal organizations or events to determine activities and interrelationships;
- Preparing comprehensive written reports, presentations, maps, or charts based on research, collection, and analysis of intelligence data;
- Studying the assets of criminal suspects to determine the flow of money from or to targeted groups;
- Validating known intelligence with data from other sources;
- Collaborating with representatives from other government and intelligence organizations to share information or coordinate intelligence activities;
- Experience generating business case studies to illustrate financial analytical processes;
- Experience providing presentations and briefings concerning current cyber threats as they relate to financial, or virtual currency matters;
- Experience with in-depth knowledge of emerging payment systems, including digital, virtual, and crypto-currencies;
- Experience in the analysis of transactions on the block chain associated with criminal and national security matters;
- Experience with virtual currency transaction tracing and block chain technology tools;
- Experience in tracing virtual currency and crypto-currency transactions in criminal and national security investigations;
- Ability to exploit technical cyber datasets with financial investigative techniques;
- On a regional/international scale, knowledge of and experience with financial systems that enables lenders and borrowers to exchange funds
- Knowledge of and experience with industry practices pertaining to global, regional or firm specific computer based financial mechanisms, to include the procedures that create and track the financial activities of an industry segment, company or individual.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, or other financial related discipline to include: Auditing/Forensic Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Accounting or Tax Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Accounting or Tax Accounting
- Must have a TS Clearance!
- One or more certifications: Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and/or Chartered Accountant.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Race/Sex/Religion/Disability/Veteran Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age.
Financial Analyst (General)