Tribune Publishing is seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst. The role has the responsibility of monitoring the productivity and profitability of local advertising revenue, supporting operating managers with data analysis and presentation of revenue streams, plans, forecasts, and goals. The Analyst will contribute to the development of operating and strategic plans. The Analyst will work with, and work to improve, the database, control, and analytical systems used in financial planning and revenue reporting with a variety of systems to efficiently meet information, reporting, and decision-making requirements
In print and online, the Chicago Tribune reaches 2.9 million readers each week in the Chicagoland area, making us the region’s most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it’s our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
- Operating Plan: Work with local advertising sales representatives to assist in account alignment and be involved in decision making for account ownership. Partner with the commissions team and provide guidance for compensation related items. Create dashboards to provide to senior leadership that emphasizes KPIs and sales performance. Design and build reports that outline the performance of advertising year-to-date.
- Expense Reporting: Create and maintain monthly and quarterly reviews and variance analyses. Assist management decision making about partner performance and finance and accounting groups with partner revenue and payment details Monthly Forecasting: Perform and create monthly expense forecasts for senior management regarding monetization partnerships, department costs, and variances to plan and previous forecasts. Investigate large expenses that are impacting profit and assess future options for cost savings.
- Decision Support: Perform ad hoc financial analyses for various stakeholders evaluating proposed operating changes, partnership changes, and strategic projects. Various ad hoc reporting support.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Finance/Accounting with two years related business experience.
- Excellent MS Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups, advanced summing functions. Oracle experience preferred but not required.
- Must be a self-starter that is highly motivated, deadline and detail oriented, and understands a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Problem solver.
- Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management.
- Experience with Oracle Financial systems, Essbase, and other reporting tools a plus.