Veloxint Corporation, a dynamic Boston-area materials start-up, commercializes new and transformative nanocrystalline metals created through an MIT-developed powder metallurgy (PM) approach. Veloxint is entering an exciting growth phase and is seeking contract Senior Financial Analyst.
An excellent opportunity for a driven, intellectually curious Accountant to embark on a career in Financial Planning and Analysis. You will be working closely with the Director of Finance and business leadership to develop forecasts, management reports and analyses in support of company’s growth. This is a contract position with the possibility of conversion to an employee in the future.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the key drivers of business results in order to provide insightful analysis to Senior Management.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting packages, annual budget and quarterly forecast updates.
- Analyze operating expenses, identify trends and factors driving variances to Plan and forecast and recommend actions.
- Proactively seek out process improvement opportunities and recommend / implement solutions as appropriate.
- Provide analytical support to help influence business decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure accuracy and completeness of Actual results.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years’ of accounting experience, in either public accounting or accounting department of a publicly traded company
- Ability to thrive in unstructured, dynamic environment, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take ownership of projects and outcomes
- Familiarity with ERP solutions and a knack for learning new systems
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills and attention to detail required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
If this position sounds like something that you’re qualified for, and excited about, then please send a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications to us at: email@example.com
Company moving to Waltham, MA mid 2019.
Local candidates only.
Visit us at www.veloxint.com
Veloxint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.