Updated 7/09/20 - This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Headquartered in Southern Oregon, F.D. Thomas, Inc. ("FDT") was founded in 1979 and is one of the nation's largest specialty services contractors. FDT performs commercial and industrial painting, waterproofing, roofing, infrastructure restoration and other specialty services. FDT has offices across the West Coast and provides expert service for major industrial facilities, commercial building owners, government agencies and entertainment/sports complexes. Since inception, the management and workforce of FDT have embraced the company's value equation ofGreat People Great Work = Extraordinary Company, in the process earning a reputation as a value-added service provider.
FDT is a subsidiary of ASRC Industrial Services.
This position is in Medford Oregon.
6-09 UPDATED: IMMEDIATE OPENING - Successful candidate will be responsible for conducting high-level analysis of revenue, credit expenses and overhead. He/she will work closely with the A/R and A/P departments as well as with senior management to help make critical recommendations and decisions about the business and its subsidiaries financial positions, and expense/costs management. Qualified candidate is highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind.
The Financial Analyst utilizes financial data in order to make informed recommendations and decisions. This role compiles, analyzes, and disseminates financial reports as needed, and provides forecasting models, updated analyses, and ledger maintenance in addition to ongoing duties. the Analyst will work with business leaders to evaluate business processes, identify needs, and help devlop strategies to maximize business efficiencies and opportunities. The Financial Analyst will:
- Gather and organize financial data from all accounting departments and analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require senior management's attention
- Assist with the general ledger and devote time to risk management, especially with regard to accounts receivable
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases
- Provide EOM reports for VP-Finance
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- 4 years' experience working in finance and/or accounting - preferably as an Analyst
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven track record of working in teams to implement changes resulting from financial analysis
- CPA certification (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess credit risks accurately
- Multi-site experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven management and organizational skills
FD Thomas, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
"FD Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply."