At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 19 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to general work requirements
- Perform basic accounting functions, focusing on A/P
- A/P invoice issue resolution, internal and external
- A/P invoice coding and vouching
- Assist with account analysis
- Assist with month-end close, journal entries
- Reconcile A/P weekly with off-site Accounting Department
- Deposit manual checks
- Wire payments, enter in system and follow-up
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports to include KPI's
As our ideal candidate,
- You have at least 0-2 years accounting or financial analyst experience
- You have a Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- You have computer skills necessary to operate word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and internet based applications & accounting systems
- You have planning and organization skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas, and management.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all organizational levels
- You have analytical and judgment skills necessary to evaluate alternatives and formulate recommendations in support of management decision-making
- You have a basic knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- You have a basic knowledge of accounting procedures and concepts, for example, general ledger, balance sheets, and profit and loss statements
- You have basic knowledge of accounting systems
- You have a basic knowledge of general company accounting policies
- You have experience with Intacct accounting software - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.