GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Performs various financial analyses that lead to profit improvement. Responsible for development and analysis of standard costing, manufacturing variances and manufacturing expenses and for accuracy of inventory and fixed assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the analysis required for the budgeting and financial planning of the company.
- Analyzes key performance measures in order to establish/monitor overall company performance.
- Create relevant, accurate, timely financial/operating analysis for communication to senior executive team.
- Monitors and analyzes actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Verify the reasonableness of the monthly sales forecast and recommend changes.
- Conduct studies and perform analysis of program profitability that is not supplied by the general accounting system.
- Work with managers to establish departmental budgets and evaluate any variances for forecasting purposes.
- Assist or lead as required any B&P or Contract audits by Customers or Government DCAA or DCMA offices.
- Assist in preparation of Audit and Acceptance of Indirect rate audits at the closeout of each Fiscal Year.
- Prepare external and internal audit documentation, coordinate audits with auditors, and provide auditor assistance and interpretation.
- Assist in the month/year end book closing processes and procedures.
- Assure accuracy in preparing contract shippers and invoices.
- Write, maintain, and improve procedures as necessary to facilitate the highest efficiency possible in all areas of the company.
- Perform other work-related task or assignments as directed and assist other departments as needed.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records
Ability to be self-motivated and work independently in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
Effective time management and prioritization skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to understand and communicate financial concepts and business terminology
Strong and pronounced problem solving and analytical skills
Working knowledge of financial systems preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
3 years or more accounting experience, manufacturing and/or government contracting experience preferred
Experience working with ERPs and/or MRPs preferred
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to consistently work shift hours and a 9/80 work schedule, minus any approved leaves
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.