We are looking for a Financial Analyst - FP&A, based at Ranir, a Perrigo Company, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is a key contributor in the Finance function, responsible for supporting development of current and proposed financial plans and policies and executing recommending changes that will improve the organization's profitability.
This role provides financial planning and analysis support to the Ranir’s North America and Finance function. This role is instrumental to core functions including month, quarter, and year-end close, analysis of forecast and actual business performance, analysis of operational metrics, and compliance activities with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, and GAAP. This individual will drive short term and long term actions to achieve business goals, driving efficiency and accuracy throughout.
- Partner in the planning and analysis of operating strategies, cost control actions and business decisions, while interacting with cross-functional partners throughout
- Deploy best practices as it relates to financial planning and analysis, including processes, systems, tools and techniques, across the organization
- Develop and report on budgets, P&L statements, strategic plans, forecasts, financial reconciliations, and other reports including variance analysis, cost control reporting, pricing, customer profitability, sales & gross profit & operating expenses; prepare ad-hoc financial estimates, budgets, and analyses as needed
- Provide input in the analysis of the profitability of all new businesses and/or products and develop financial RIO models; participate in communicating recommendations to business; support analysis of any M&A activity
- Conduct accurate and timely reporting of business financial information to business in compliance with company policies and GAAP; ensure corporate and SOX compliance and participate in audits as needed
- Participate in cost saving initiatives to improve operating economies profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field of study required
- Minimum 4 years of Accounting or Finance work experience, in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Working knowledge of financial planning and analysis with a thorough understanding of analytical methods in a variety of accounting and operational sources
- Strong proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel PowerPoint and accounting software with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications; working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Planning, Smartview, and Essbase strongly preferred
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, with the ability to function effectively in a team environment to gain the cooperation of individuals across the business
- Strong analytic/problem solving skills with the ability to convert strategies into actionable plans and processes
- Able to practice sound and ethical judgment with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated ability to successfully work with peer group and front line organization.