This position is responsible for the financial control of Global Services. Provide financial support through the creation, analysis and interpretation of financial data and work closely with Global Services management to manage the financial forecast and operating plan.
Create and monitor financial results:
· Prepare financial models which include expense planning, trend analysis, cost benefit, statistical relationships, business metrics and ROI.
· Work with company financial systems to download/upload data and reconcile.
· Prepare journal entries including backup and support.
· Prepare budget and forecast models including support for detailed assumptions.
· Prepare account and trend analyses and reconciliations.
Source, analyze and interpret data to report results and create models. Review trends and prepare analyses for diverse functions:
· Recognize and investigate financial/business issues and communicate to management on a timely basis.
· Review expense trend analysis to assist in increasing profitability and overall cost control.
· Take part in what if analyses/scenarios to aid management in business investment decisions.
· Work on special projects and related presentations.
Present and discuss financial plan/results with Global Services management team:
· Prepare and issue monthly internal financial reports including variance analysis and commentary for expenses, capital and headcount.
· Prepare PowerPoint presentations including various graphs and charts for business review discussions with the management team.
· Present financial plan/results to management team and discuss risks/opportunities to plan
Team member involvement can include the following areas: Budgeting, Forecasting, Monthly Close,Capital and Headcount reporting.
Intermediate level professional; developing knowledge within own discipline. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of limited to moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve straightforward problems. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instruction and guidance on new projects or assignments.
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Basic understanding of industry practices
· General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
· Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
· Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Basic presentation and public speaking skills
· Basic interpersonal skills
· Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Very good understanding of MS Office applications.
- Proficient in JDE and Hyperion systems.
- Ability to work with confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Good understanding of Henry Schein accounting/financial concepts and terminology.
- Basic understanding of financial processes (Close, Budget, Forecast, etc.)
- Developing presentation skills.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at:www.henryschein.com/careers